An Aura is “seen” as the luminous body that surrounds your physical one. According to spiritual beliefs, it is a colored emanation said to enclose a human body, an animal, or an object. Some believe that the human energy field may be more complex because we are more evolved. Psychics and holistic medicine practitioners frequently claim to see an aura’s size, color, and type of vibration.
As per ancient medical systems, this energy is present in seven vital force centers known as ‘Chakras’. They are realms of ‘energy’ within your body and are aligned vertically from the head down the body. Each chakra is said to correlate to a different element of your physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional health. Some believe that these layers can interact with one another to influence your overall health.
The new-age interpretation of chakras adds colors, moving from violet at the crown down to red at the base of the spine. In crystal healing, crystals are matched with chakras based on color. The chakras are believed to spin, drawing in life force energy to maintain a balance between the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical elements. They should be “open” and aligned since they correspond to nerve bundles, key organs, and other regions of our energetic body that influence our emotional and physical well-being.
However, there is no scientific backing of auras and chakras. It is more about spiritual belief and spiritual-alternative medicine. In the coming years, pop culture and its fascination with the crystal-matching system, aura cleansing, and chakra-balancing meditation & yoga will shape the dialogue around this theory.
According to new beliefs, aura acts as a magnetic field of energy that picks up on emotions, health, psychic debris, and circumstances around you. Your aura can experience stress as you exchange energies with those around you, which is why the youth of today is increasingly talking about aura cleansing. This activity is considered important to strengthen the energy body and to balance the imbalanced energy flow.
Following is a close look at the 7 Chakras:
1) The Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
It is the highest chakra, sits at the crown of the head, and represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- What it controls: Inner and outer beauty, spiritual connection
- Color: Violet/ White
- Element: Divine Consciousness
- Stone: Clear quartz
- Yoga pose: Headstand
2) The Third- Eye Chakra (Ajna)
As we move up the body, we’re getting closer to communion with the divine. It controls our ability to see the big picture and be intuitive.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra)
- What it controls: Intuition, imagination, and wisdom
- Color: Dark Blue/Purple
- Element: Light
- Stone: Amethyst
- Yoga pose: Child’s Pose
3) The Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
It controls our ability to communicate in a balanced & transparent manner.
- Location: Throat
- What it controls: Communication, self-expression, and truth
- Color: Light Blue/Turquoise
- Element: Sound/Music
- Stone: Aquamarine/ Lapis Lazuli
- Yoga pose: Fish Pose
4) The Heart Chakra (Anahata)
It is the bridge between the lower chakras (associated with materiality) and the upper chakras (associated with spirituality).
- Location: Center of the chest, just above the heart
- What it controls: Love, joy, and inner peace
- Color: Green
- Element: Air
- Stone: Rose Quartz
- Yoga pose: Camel Pose
5) The Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
It speaks to your ability to be confident and in control of your life
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area
- What it controls: Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- Color: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Stone: Amber/ Citrine/ Tiger Eye
- Yoga pose: Boat Pose
6) The Sacral chakra (Svadhisthaha)
This chakra helps inform how we relate to our emotions, feelings, and the emotions of others
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel
- What it controls: Your sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, and sexuality
- Color: Orange
- Element: Water
- Stone: Tiger Eye/ Orange Carnelian
- Yoga pose: Bound Angle Pose
7) Root chakra (Muladhara)
It represents our foundation. On the human body, it sits at the base of the spine and gives us the feeling of being grounded
- Location: Base of spine, in tailbone area
- What it controls: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food
- Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Stone: Hematite/ Red Jasper
- Yoga pose: Warrior I